Thursday, March 29, 2018

An insight into why football is the king of American sports

Mctague visited me a few days ago. He’s an old pal from New York who works at Wall Street. I took him out for a few drinks, and we talked about all the stuff we loved like Rockwood, investing in NYC assets, and fund investment reports and asset investments listed in Barron’s. He updated me on some of the New York Times main stories. After a couple of shots, we started talking about the Super Bowl and how popular American football had become. 

Image source: fanindex.usatoday.com

According to a survey conducted on more than 2,000 American adults, almost half mentioned American football as their favorite sport to watch. In fact, around 700 of those surveyed loved watching the NFL or any other pro football league, while 230 said that college football was their choice. 

The numbers are quite mind-boggling. The Super Bowl itself has over 110 million viewers on an average for the past decade. College football attracts over 50 million fans who attend the games and 210 million viewers who watch it on TV. Approximately 120 million watch NCAA bowl games.

Excitement, brutality, pageantry, and a host of other factors have brought people together throughout the years making football the undisputed king of American sports. It doesn’t seem to be slowing down anytime soon. 

Image source: theodysseyonline.com

Hey there, Daniel Purjes here. I was born and raised in the Big Apple and later followed my parents to San Diego, where I’ve lived ever since. I’m currently in college, taking up sports management. In my spare time, I follow college sports developments and baseball and play fantasy sports. Check out this blog for more on the stuff I love.

2 comments:

  1. It's one trusted place where you can watch NFL online HD,
    it's NFLSQTV .COM . I can really recommend it, so go on and take it now :

    NFLSQTV

    NFLSQTV

    NFLSQTV

    NFLSQTV

    NFLSQTV

    NFLSQTV

    NFLSQTV

    ReplyDelete
  2. IF anyone need NFL live stream service online... Just try " NFLGO " NFLGO.COM___ that is a website for nfl live stream and more.
    Watch NFL Live

    ReplyDelete